October 07, 2007

Heading south

So just a quick post for friends to say that I'm still alive and happy and so so busy :)
I came back only a couple of weeks ago from my trip to the States, which was awesome!! Thanks to our friends Armand Serrano, Marcelo Vignali, Marcos Mateu, Paul Lasaine, Evan Smith, Mike Nguyen and all the lovely people we met at Sony, Pixar and July Films, we had a really fantastic time.
Back home I had to sort out immediately my moving to Italy.. I flew there to sign contracts and whatnot, back to Ireland again to pack everything and start my new freelance job....Nuts!! :D
It's almost all done, the car is exploding but ready to go and I hope our cute evil hamster Filippo will enjoy the roadtrip. We are leaving tomorrow morning!
It's a very strange feeling to leave after these years, but I am so excited about the chance of spending a while in my hometown. I've been missing the sunshine so much lately and the idea of staying close to my family and friends again after so much time makes me feel all warm and smiley :)
The broadband in the new apartment should be ready by the end of next week, so I hope I'll be able to post some drawings very soon!

The picture on the top was taken while I was in San Francisco, it's been on my desktop during these messy weeks as a reminder to stay relaxed..!

Have a lovely weekend and.. talk to you later ;)

11 comments:

Marcelo Vignali said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and thanks for the group picture.

Heheh, I'm glad you liked the burrito. I can't believe Alfredo ate as much as he did! Wow, for skinny guy, he sure can eat.

Drop up a line when you get settled in.

Marcos Mateu said...

Well, It sounds like you are going from one nice place to another, and let´s not forget how important it is to be surounded by an inspiring atmosphere!
It was very nice meeting you guys recently in L.A., all the best in your new 'southern life' and we'll keep each other updated as this new 'blog world' allows people to be!

a.g.barrows said...

ma...ma....
ma che state giĆ  in Itaglia?
a turin?

a.g.barrows said...

allora vi aspetto...
io saro' torinese da novembre....
baci

Mick said...

happy landings in your native land... don't forget to leave a light on for thirsty travelling Englanders

Ale said...

Marcelo, Marcos: thank you so much for everything, it was lovely to meet you guys in Los Angeles. Next time, pizza and gelato in Turin, bring the kids!

Gabbrio: daiiiii!!!! allora ci vediamo prestissimo. ti aspettiamo per una serata massacro col wii...

Mick: sure sure! you know that there will always be a light on for my fluffy english half canadian brother. but don't fall on the hamster cage when you're done.

Armand Serrano said...

Hey Ale,

How are you guys doing? Glad to hear that you had a great time here in California. This by the way is a beautiful photo. Take care and regards to Alfredo.

Shuku said...

Ale! Moving to Italy, my my -- you must be so busy but I'm glad you're going to be productive and happy. You have a hamster too? Oh neat! I send...err, virtual hamster squeaks. All the best and stay sane...

--Shuku

Ale said...

Hehe, our hamster squeaks back, Shuku ;D

Armand! Thanks for the visit!
We just settled in, got rid of empty packages and chaos everywhere and started working on the feature again. It feels so great to be here, it's warm, it never rained and the food is delicious and cheap!!
The picture by the way was one of the luckiest shots, as for some reason I always forget to *aim* for something when I take a photo... :)

Marcelo Vignali said...

It's good to hear you are settled in and are "happy Italians" again.

Shuku said...

Yay for happy Italians! Look forward to seeing more of your work, your writings, etc. Right now it's raining so hard it could flood Italy and the surroudings and sweep it out to sea, but then I'm prone to monsoons in this region...

Squeak, hamster squeak!

--Shuku
Glad to see you back and happy!