June 09, 2008

Brendan at the Annecy festival

copyright Les Armatures/Vivifilm/Cartoon Saloon

another still from "Brendan and the secret of Kells"

So, one of the most popular animation festivals in the world has just started! I can't be there this year cause I am very busy with work, but I am so excited as there will be the first public behind-the-scenes presentation of "Brendan and the Secret of Kells". The art director Ross Stewart and the director Tomm Moore will lead a conference and present early character design and visual development, showing how they evolved to the present version in the final film. Some sections of the movie will also be screened and Tomm just let me know that they will be showing a whole sequence Alf and I animated, so if you happen to be there, you can see it on Thursday at 14.00 - Petite Salle, Bonlieu.
Enjoy the festival :)

6 comments:

naturline said...

wow, these are great. you are very talented.

Marcos Mateu said...

Good luck!

pascal said...

Can't wait to see that movie either!
And..ahhahah that flip book animation in your previous post is awesome!
I love that thing too!

Marco Z said...

Ma quando esce????????? Non vedo l'ora di vederlo!

Xavier Salomó said...

OH my god! Your work is fantastic!
And i love Totoro too!
Kisses from Barcelona

joost said...

the presentation was great
I saw it!
woohoo can't wait to see the final film