July 17, 2009

The secret of Kells Flash animation

I've been doing some updates and added a few animations on my website now that The Secret of Kells is out and released in many countries (New York premiere is this weekend!)
So here it is: www.alessandrasorrentino.com

As many of you were curious to see the "special" flash sequences Alf and I animated for the movie, I decided to post some of them here.
Digital Fx are made by Jeremy Purcell.
The blackboard effect has been applied later by Digital Graphics on our black on white animation.

I might post some of the traditional animation here later, but if you wish to have a peek now, just go to my website!
Enjoy :)

13 comments:

Marco Z said...

Amazing!

Alessandra Sorrentino said...

haha :) grazie marco!

RAWLS said...

Looks fantastic my friend! I love the chalky looking animation at the end! Very cool stuff!

A. Riabovitchev said...

Really Amazing!I love it a lot!:o)

Kyri Kyprianou said...

Good stuff! I love seeing new bits of this, it just gets more and more impressive...can't wait to see it! I just re-watched the trailer...

Martin Fagan said...

It looks awesome. I've been waiting ages to see those scenes. They turned out exactly like I'd hoped.
Excellent job!

Alessandra Sorrentino said...

rawls - thanks! it's the one I enjoyed the most when I was animating these sequences ;)

andrei - thank you so much!!

kyri - yaay! I hope you'll get the chance to see it soon. are you in london?

martin - thanks a lot! i've been waiting ages to let you see these scenes as well ;) i'm so glad you're happy with the final result!

Sparkyfra said...

Anche dalla Puglia seguiamo fedelmente il tuo blog!
Quindi non possiamo assolutamente rinunciare a farti i complimenti come te li farebbe un vero barese:
"MMOO!!! E CE IE'!!!"
Scherzi a parte che dire..... che sei bravissima! Punto!
Speriamo di vederlo presto in Italia.

P.S.
Quando torniamo preparatevi ad un pranzetto a base di orecchiette, friselle, caciocavallo, focaccia e burrate!

SIM-R said...

Beautiful work on a great looking
movie !

Cheers .

elephantmarchblog said...

Preeeeety! I can't wait to see this movie in Canada. Moore promised us a release

Jose Ramos said...

Hey , nice works here , you´re a great animator and artist too.
.I like especially your animations.
.Congratulations Alessandra

Marcelo Vignali said...

Very nice reel Ale.

LaSarah said...

bellissimo!ho avuto la fortuna di poterlo vedere ad annecy e mi ha lasciato senza parole!! complimenti!! chissà se arriverà mai in italia!o.0